Help us share this campaign!
$2 From 2 Million Animal Lovers!
Long Living Pets Rescue and Rehab Center is different from other rescue centers.
We are a holistic rescue, rehab and educational center. We use a natural approach to restore the immune system in the pets we rescue. Based on thousands of cases from my raw feeding study and hundreds of cancer cases that I have documented over that past 20 years, a natural approach can achieve fantastic results short and long term.
This is what we do:
- We rescue pets from shelters facing euthanasia
- We apply ONLY natural healing modalities and strategies
- We share and teach others to do the same anywhere in the world
We are opening the center in 2020-2021 but need your help now. Please share this fundraising campaign today.
By using natural modalities, we are confident that we can save many animals with a severely compromised immune system. When these animals are put on conventional treatment plans, the outcome is in many cases not promising. The side effects of the medication further compromise their immune system. That leaves them vulnerable to pathogens they cannot fight.
Encourage by the fantastic results!
As Founder of Long Living Pets Research Projects and Founder of Long Living Pets Research Foundation, a 501(c)3, I am both delighted and incredibly excited that my mission to help pets live longer healthier lives and reduce the risk of chronic diseases has been more successful than I ever thought possible. I had always suspected that poor quality food, too many toxins in commercial pet food and in therapeutic modalities used to treat pet illnesses have compromised animals’ quality of life by damaging their immune system.
Launching the largest and longest observational study into raw fed dogs and cats.
With that as my premise, in 2000, I launched a 30-year observational lifetime study to document the effects of using species-appropriate food and non-toxic natural modalities in pet care. Since then, I have studied the effects of raw feeding with more than 6,000 dogs and cats. Many of them had been suffering from cancer and other chronic diseases, and I am heartened by the promising results from this natural/nontoxic approach.
Ready for Phase III
- Phase I involved researching and testing my findings and theories on my own dogs and a small group of dogs from around the world. I found that a simple diet of raw meats, edible bones, and organ meats promoted a strong sustainable immune system that protects the dog from dis-ease.
- Phase II involved building on the results of Phase I, with the goal of reaching 10,000 dogs and 5,000 cats participating in this study. This is a continual project and is open to anyone who feeds their pets a raw food diet.
- Phase III of my study will include establishing a rescue and rehabilitation center called the Long Living Pets Rescue and Rehab Center (LLPRRC). The Center will care for pets currently living in shelters and scheduled to be euthanized because they are declared unadoptable due to health reasons and the cost to treat them. These pets are not suited for adoption. LLPRRC will adopt these animals and provide them with compassionate care using natural modalities that I have developed over the last 20 years.
CURRENT FUNDRASING CAMPAIGN
We are hoping to raise $2M for this phase and we are confident that this can be achieved with your help!
$2 From 2 Million Animal Lovers
All we’re asking for is a $2 contribution from 2 million animal lovers and that you help us share this with as many as you can. You will in return get this:
- The eBook: How to Start Your Dog or Cat on a Raw Food Diet. This book is for those that are looking into switching their dog or cat to a raw food diet. This book sells for $19.
- One year membership to Long Living Pets Research Acedemy, a private network of people that are interested in natural ways to keep their pet healthy. This network will also cover operations of the rescue center with 24/7 streaming and full coverage and documentation of the different modalities used to heal the animals we take in. You will know everything we do. A one-year membership normally costs $45. This is included with your donation.
Please help us with this one of a kind center that will save many animals from euthanasia and we will teach anyone interested to do the same with training and support.
Please understand that many of these pets have been abused or abandoned. Most of them are pets that are confused and frightened. My goal is to not only restore their health, but to also restore their trust in human beings. At the Long Living Pets Rescue and Rehab Center they will finally receive the love and care they deserve. Some pets cannot be saved, but they still should be given the opportunity to leave this world in peace, comfort and happiness. This will, in many cases, be the only time they have felt loved. I want these dogs and cats to go to sleep safely in someone’s arms on their terms not by a needle-filled with poison. No animal deserves that.
Sharing and building a worldwide network.
An important part of this project is my intention to share my work and observations with pet owners worldwide through a 24/7 video feed. Each pet will also have a webpage documenting every step in their recovery. In this way, I hope to inspire others to use my strategies for their own pets and also establish similar centers (small or large) to replicate what we do. Our approach can be done and followed anywhere without expensive equipment. We will also provide full support to everyone who needs it through Long Living Pets Research Academy ( a learning center for naturopathic health care for dogs and cats). I have a vested interest in the results since this will become part of my research into chronic diseases and recovery modalities in dogs and cats. All I ask for is for you to share the results caused by following my protocols. I also hope to learn about other successful approaches from participants in these studies.
This will also further confirm my findings that simple steps, such as changing the diet to species appropriate diet alone, can achieve fantastic results. Everything we do is from a naturopathic and holistic perspective, which means the body will usually heal itself if given the proper conditions. The results will be hard to dispute since we will share them (24/7 live stream) with everyone interested in learning how we can prevent disease and heal naturally.
For almost 10 years, I have visualized opening this center and now the time is right to take action! While I don’t medically ‘cure’ or ‘treat,’ I have achieved results far beyond what I ever imagined, and it is time to scale up my project with this center and share what I do with the rest of the world.
Helping kids recover from cancer.
I also have another project that I hope to initiate. Studies have suggested that pets (especially dogs) alleviate loneliness, depression and stress in kids fighting cancer and other serious conditions. I will create a program where kids recovering from cancer can come to visit (or connect remotely) and socialize with the dogs undergoing rehabilitation. With animals in their lives, they are more motivated to eat and tend to follow treatment recommendations better — in other words, they are more likely to participate in their own healing. Even a brief pet encounter can invigorate a child’s immunity. Imagine the power of this connection – kids and dogs fighting disease together!
As I already mentioned, my fundraising goal is $2 Million, and I am fully confident that I will reach that goal with your help! Please share this campaign and donate $2.00 or whatever you can to this cause. If you have any questions about the center and my vision, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me by phone (435.729.7288) or email (please use the contact form). I look forward to your support and your involvement! Together we can make this a worldwide movement helping pets and education pet parents. I see centers like this all over the world small and large.
With the deepest appreciation,
Thomas Sandberg, CSAN
Thomas Sandberg CSAN, AADP, Founder of Long Living Pets Rescue and Rehab Center.
A sad situation
It is estimated that approximately 3.7 million animals were euthanized in the nation’s shelters in 2008. This number represents a generally accepted statistic that is widely used by many animal welfare organizations, including the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).
Unfortunately, the most recent statistics published by the National Council are from 1997, and only 1,000 shelters replied to the survey at that time. Using the National Council’s numbers from 1997 and estimating the number of operating shelters in the United States to be 3,500 (the exact number of animal shelters operating in the United States does not exist), these estimates were made:
- Of the 1,000 shelters that replied to the National Council’s survey, 4.3 million animals were handled.
- In 1997, roughly 64 percent of the total number of animals that entered shelters were euthanized — approximately 2.7 million animals in just these 1,000 shelters. These animals may have been euthanized due to overcrowding, but may also have been sick, aggressive, injured or suffering from something else.
- 56 percent of dogs and 71 percent of cats that enter animal shelters are euthanized. More cats are euthanized than dogs because they are more likely to enter a shelter without any owner identification.
- Only 15.8 percent of dogs and 2 percent of cats that enter animal shelters are reunited with their owners.
- 25 percent of dogs and 24 percent of cats that enter animal shelters are adopted.
Please watch this shocking video.
This happens in all shelters due to lack of funds the heal them. Long Living Pets Rescue and Rehab Center will take these pets and give them a loving, caring life until they have taken their last breath. They will not be put down by a needle or gas.
Dr. Yoeny Calas-Dobson DVM
Salt Lake City, Utah
Website: River Wood Pet Hospital
Dr. Marlene Siegel DVM
Website: Pasco Veterinary Medical center
Dr. Kim Bloomer
New Mexico, USA
Website: Aspenbloom Pet Care
Dr. Margarida Raposo DVM
Website: Veterinários Holísticos
Dr. Nick Thompson BSc (Hons) Path Sci., BVM&S, VetMFHom, MRCVS.
Long Living Pets Research Foundation is a 501(c)(3)